Tuesday, November 3, 2009

SHOTS!!!




I have considered cancelling this trip because I do NOT want to get shots! I have a huge fear of needles and I rather cancel the trip than get poked with one. Nonetheless, I got the shots. After a huge ordeal with my doctor, I ended up taking a mixture of meds (not recommended) and arriving at the travel clinic with Shawn. Even with all of that stuff, I was still crying and refusing the shots. The travel clinic doctor finally gave up and prescribed me something to calm me and we rescheduled. When Shawn went to get the car though, I finally fell asleep (thinking I wasn't getting the shots anymore) and he brought me back into that clinic where I continues to nap on the doctor bed. The nurse then came in and gave me my shots while I slumbered. I am so glad that they are finally over and that Shawn and the nurse were so patient with me!

And, to applaud my bravery (or the fact that I did not die from the meds I took) my mom sent me flowers and Shawn got me a Halloween costume.

Shots...check. Now I have to figure out how to pack!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so proud of you for surviving the ordeal. :-)
    And your Halloween costume was HOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen,
    You look like your brother, Russell, in the picture of you sleeping at the clinic. Maybe you temporarily morphed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think that we need to do something about your fear. you almost didnt teach (which you love to teach) and you almost didnt want to go around the world (which you love to travel). i am going to start working on a permenant brain fix for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck trying to fix my brain, scott!
    and mom...that is funny that i look like russell!

    ReplyDelete